Qualtrics is a enterprisy survey tool that is very popular in psychology research field.
So I needed to create a survey in Qualtrics, where:
- Order of questions in a section will be randomized;
- Each question will be timed;
To my suprise it's not obvious how to do it, there are even unresolved questions on a Stack Exchange site.
So here is how to do it:
- Each question should be paired with a timing question.
- Each question pair (that is: "normal question" and timing question) should be put into a separate block.
- Then you go to Survey Flow, and add these blocks to a randomizer element;
- To provide intro and outro sections you might want create Group flow element;
In the end my survey looked like that:
PS. If you need help some help with getting qualtrics working precisely like you want it to work --- do get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org.